Anointing for Blessings
You are welcome into God’s presence in Jesus’ name! I will continue with the series- Uncommon Blessings. This week, I want to share with you “Anointing for Blessing “.
Anchor Scripture: Acts 10: 34-38
Then Peter opened his mouth and said: “In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. 35 But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. 36 The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ—He is Lord of all— 37 that word you know, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee after the baptism which John preached: 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.
The anointer sets men free. He gives joy, peace, riches, health and releases you from all forms of oppression. David said of the anointer, Jesus “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over” (Psalm 23:5). Anointing is that which sets a man high up. Anointing gives a man dominion and sets him in charge. The anointing over Christ is upon us because we are joint heirs with Him. Romans 8:14 says “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God”. Everything that was lost in the Garden of Eden was restored back to us by Jesus. Luke 10:19 says “ Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” Jesus restored back to us, the authority and dominion that were lost in the Garden of Eden. In Luke 4:18, Jesus began His ministry by declaring this divine message to all: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me; To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,[j]To proclaim liberty to the captives. And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed;19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.” When you are anointed, you are empowered. When the anointing of God is upon you, you become another man. 1 Samuel 10:6 states “Then the Spirit of the Lord will come upon you, and you will prophesy with them and be turned into another man.” These are some of the ways we are changed by the anointing:
- The anointer came to make the poor rich, according to 2 Corinthians 8:9, “For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich.”
- Jesus was anointed to heal the broken hearted. The good news is that Jesus is the heart healer. He is the joy restorer. In Luke 7:10-16 details the story of the widow of Nain that lost her son to death and Jesus called the son back to life.
- Jesus came to set the captives free. Prison could not contain Peter; Peter was arrested to be killed but the Lord set Him free.
- Jesus came to recover the sight of those that are blind. A man could be blind spiritually or physically. In John 9: 9-10, it tells of a man who was blind from birth and Jesus gave him a new set of eyes.
- Jesus came to set at liberty those who are oppressed. In Luke 13:11-12, a woman was bound for 18 years but when she met with Jesus, she was set loose.
- The anointing of God makes us walk in dominion. Jesus restored our dominion, the same dominion that was given to us in Genesis 1:26.
- Anointing makes all things possible for them that believe. Luke 1:37 states “For with God, nothing shall be impossible.” All things are possible or those who believe. Mark 10:37 says “With men, it may be possible but with God nothing shall be possible.” To receive this anointing, you have to receive the anointer – the Lord our Savior Jesus Christ. John 1:12 states “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.”
If you would like to accept the anointer today just pray this simple prayer “Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me for my sins and cleanse me with Your Blood. Deliver me from sin and satan so that I may serve the living God. I accept You as my Lord and Savior. Make me a child of God today. Thank you for accepting me into your kingdom”
If you have prayed this prayer then you have made the single most important decision of your lifetime and your life will not remain the same.
“May God bless you until I come your way next time!”
To share your testimonies with me, you may contact me at either of the following:
January 25, 2016
January 25, 2016
May 21, 2015