Overcoming the Spirit of Fear by the Power of Prevailing Faith 2
You are welcome into God’s presence in Jesus’ name. This is the continuation of “Overcoming the spirit of fear by faith”. In part I of this message, I talked about the effects and the agents of faith. I will conclude this message by teaching on how to overcome fear by the power of prevailing faith – Antidotes of fear. God bless you as you read and digest the Word of God.
Anchor Scripture: Deuteronomy 20: 1- 4
1 When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, will be with you. 2 When you are about to go into battle, the priest shall come forward and address the army. 3 He shall say: “Hear, Israel: Today you are going into battle against your enemies. Do not be fainthearted or afraid; do not panic or be terrified by them. 4 For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.”
There are several antidotes a believer can use to eradicate fear. Lets us look at some of the antidotes.
ANTIDOTES AGAINST FEAR
1. Knowledge of the Word: You address the spirit of fear through your knowledge of the word of God. You can overcome evil with total boldness by knowledge on the basis of who you are in Christ. Daniel 11:32b says “Those who do know their God shall be strong and do great exploits” David overcame the wicked Goliath on the basis of knowledge, not on the basis of fear. He spoke boldly against him because He knew by knowledge that God had not given him the spirit of fear. 1st Samuel 17:32,37,43-47, 1st Timothy 1:7
2. Resisting the devil by Faith: 1st Peter 5:8-9 reads “Be sober, be vigilant; because[c] your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.” You need to constantly resist the devil and his weapon of fear by the power of faith.
3. The consciousness of God’s presence.Hebrews13:5-6 reads “Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”[a] 6 So we may boldly say:“The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear. What can man do to me?”[b]. Psalm23: 4 reads “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” Romans 8:31 reads “What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?” You need to be conscious of what God is doing, not what the devil is doing, be less conscious of the devil by sharing God’s doing in your life, stop announcing the devil because by doing that you are making him important whereas he is not.
4. Speaking faith through the power in Jesus name. Philippians 2:9-11 reads ” 9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” You declare boldly against the weapon of fear through word and His promises. Isaiah 54:17 reads “No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn.” Luke 21:15 reads “For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay not resist“.
5. Reporting such evil spirit to your God on Mount Zion. Isaiah37:3,14,17-18,33-36. This day, you have greatest opportunity to ask God for judgment against your enemies, report that fearful medical report to the Healer, and report that barrenness to the God of fruitfulness.
6. The spirit of love: Remember that the spirit of fear is the devil, which has torment but the Spirit of God is of love. As you dwell in love, you are dwelling in God and His Spirit dwells inside of you with all His power, no devil has audacity to do harm. When Holy Ghost lives inside of you, no devil can torment your life.
To use these antidotes of fear effectively, you must be a child of God. For God to be your father and to accept you as joint heir with Christ, you need to first submit your life to the one who is able to help you conquer all spirit of fear, by saying this simple prayer “Father Lord, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins and cleanse me with the blood of your Son Jesus Christ. Deliver me from sin and satan, so that I may serve You, my maker and living God. I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Make me your child and a joint heir with your Son, Jesus Christ. Thank you for accepting me into your kingdom in Jesus name, Amen”
If you have said this prayer, then you have made the single most important decision of your lifetime and your life will not remain the same.
“May God bless you until I come your way again!”
To share your testimonies with me, you may contact me using the address below:
January 25, 2016
January 25, 2016
May 21, 2015