Overcoming the Spirit of Fear by the Power of Prevailing Faith
You are welcome into God’s presence in Jesus’ name. This week, I will be teaching on how to overcome fear by the power of prevailing faith. God bless you as you read and digest the Word of God.
Anchor Scripture: Deuteronomy 20: 1- 4
1 When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, will be with you. 2 When you are about to go into battle, the priest shall come forward and address the army. 3 He shall say: “Hear, Israel: Today you are going into battle against your enemies. Do not be fainthearted or afraid; do not panic or be terrified by them. 4 For the LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.”
Fear is a tormentor. A fearful man cannot receive the blessings of God. Fear deflates a man and makes him sorrowful. Let us look at some of the effects and agents of fear.
EFFECTS OF FEAR
1. Fear deflates the power of God in a believer’s life. It discourages and subjects its victims to untold manipulations and control. A man under fear cannot see his potentials and does not see himself as God sees him. In 1st Samuel 17:32-33, even though Saul was fearful for David, David had enough faith to take out the enemy.
2. Fear is a snare which brings people into bondage. Fear is a tormentor; it torments its victims to surrender their dreams, their hope and self-dignity to the control of the devil and his agents. He comes through night dreams to terrify you into submission.
3. The spirit of fear is an agent of impossibility, intimidation, suppression and oppression. Do not allow the devil to intimidate you with its evil threats. Behave like David did when he faced Goliath. Refuse to bow down instead call upon the name of your God against the threat of the devil. Until you give in to the devil’s intimidation, you can never be oppressed by the devil and until he oppresses you; he can never subdue you.
AGENTS OF FEAR
1. What you see and what you hear: Beware of you see and what you hear because they bring fear into your life. You need to be very sensitive to what you hear even from so-called prophets who preach fear instead of faith. In 1st John 4:1 reads “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world”. Stop listening to evil prophesies and ungodly manipulators in the name of deliverances. Cease carrying evil medical reports like medals; refuse to walk by sight, refuse to be moved by your feelings and emotions. Jeremiah1:8 reads ” Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with you to deliver thee, says the Lord“.
2. Doubts: These are the “ifs”, or “in reality” or other probabilities. The Word and promises of God should not be doubted; they are ye and amen. The Word of God and His promises concerning your life are settled. This alone should remove the “ifs” and fear from your mind and give you the assurance of faith. The devil cannot stop God from fulfilling His promises in believer’s life. The only thing that can stop the promises of God from being fulfilled in a believer’s life is DOUBT. If the devil is able to succeed creating doubt in your mind, then you will be unable to receive the promise of God for you. The devil always starts with “if God is real then why are you going through afflictions?”, “If God truly loves you, why are you not blessed?.” All these “ifs’ and ‘whys’ are to put doubts in your mind thereby leading you into fear. Resist the devil with word of God he will flee from you because he is a coward. Resist every contrary spirit with the Word of God. Say boldly spirit of sickness according to Isaiah 53:5 and 1st Peter 2:24 “By His stripes I am healed.”
3. Ignorance: Apostle Paul advised the believers that they should not be ignorant of the devices of the devil lest he takes advantages of them (2nd Corinthians 2:11). The devil is an advantage taker, he takes advantage of people whenever they are vulnerable, and he uses their weak moments to heavily inflict unsuspecting victims. For this reason, the bible advises us to be sober (spiritually sensitive), vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour” (1st Peter 5:8).
To live a joyful life, a life void of fear but full of faith, you need to first submit your life to the one who is faithful to fulfill all the promises he has for you, by saying this simple prayer “Father Lord, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins and cleanse me with the blood of your Son Jesus Christ. Deliver me from sin and satan, so that I may serve You, my maker and living God. I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Make me your child and a joint heir with your Son, Jesus Christ. Thank you for accepting me into your kingdom in Jesus name, Amen”
If you have said this prayer, then you have made the single most important decision of your lifetime and your life will not remain the same.
“May God bless you until I come your way again!”
To share your testimonies with me, you may contact me using the address below:
January 25, 2016
January 25, 2016
May 21, 2015