The Power of Winning Prayer
You are welcome into God’s presence; today we will be talking about The Power of Winning Prayer. God bless you as you read and digest the Word of God.
Anchor Scripture: Matthew 6:9
What is prayer?
Prayer is a command and a call to God in which the believers are to engage in order to receive help from God. It is one of the greatest keys available to the believers in seeking divine help from God. Sadly, many believers do not use this key of prayer at all or as outlined by the prayer Master, our Lord Jesus Christ.
There is a required approach when you pray; it is not mere speaking to God. Many are frustrated because their prayers remain unanswered; they should check their approach before they blame God. James 4:2-3 says “Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss..”
God does not store your prayers, anytime you communicate your needs to Him in prayer, He answers. He is too faithful to deny Himself, His promises are Yea and Amen in Christ. I believe as you pray according to the principles laid down by our Lord Jesus Christ, you are bound to have speedy answers.
Jesus laid the principles of a winning prayer in Matthew 6:9-13 “After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth,as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the Kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for even. Amen.”
Read Luke 18; 1-6 The Parable of the Persistent Widow
Why do we need to pray?
1. For divine help. Hebrews 4:16. We pray to receive necessary help from heaven, because without His divine help, we may never reach our desired destinations. Psalm127:1 says “Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city the watchman waketh but in vain.” Psalm 60:11 says “11Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man.” All things that we need have been provided for us by God but there are lots of oppositions obtaining them.1st Corinthians 16:9 says “For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.” Through prayer you ask God to arise and scatter your adversaries. Psalm 68:1
2. For angelic intervention: Believers have the ministry of the angels to help in time of trouble, but until they engage the power of prayer for their interventions, they remain onlookers. Psalm 103:20 says “Bless the Lord, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening into the voice of the word.” As you pray today, ask God to release His angels to do the impossible for you, to fight your enemies, and to bring you favor. Send them to recover your stolen properties. In Acts 12:5-8, 11, Peter was imprisoned, awaiting death the following day but the saints of God prayed and God sent an angel release him from prison. I see God sending His angels on your behalf and loosing you from any form of imprisonment, in Jesus name.
3. For total deliverance from afflictions. We pray for total deliverance from any form of affliction, from the threats of the enemies, from impending calamities. James 5:13 says “Is any among you afflicted? Let him pray. Is any merry? Let him sing psalms.” Read also Isaiah 37:3, 14-16-19,33-36. Exodus3:7-8, Psalm 34:19
4. For your empowerment. Acts 12
How to pray effectively
1. Begin your prayer with worship, praises and adorations. Matthew 6:9 says “After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in Heaven, Hallowed be thy name” No matter the urgency of your needs or requests, in prayer you need to follow the proper approach. Many believers ignorantly think that coming into His presence with complaining, murmuring or fancy grammar will make God to answer their prayer. Psalm 100:4 says “Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name” According to Bishop David Oyedepo “If you have lost one out of five things, thank God that you did not lose the other four, you may have lost all but God did not allow the devil to take it all, therefore give praise”.
2. Give a heartfelt prayer. James 5:16. A heartfelt prayer is needed to get heaven’s attention. Until your heart is fully engaged in prayer; no answer can come. Jeremiah 29:11-13. In 1st Samuel 1, Hannah prayed with her whole heart and God answered her prayer.
3. Pray in the name of Jesus. John 14:12-15
4. Pray in harmony with the word of God. A winning prayer begins by locating the word of God concerning your situations and praying accordingly. Remember, your ways are not His ways neither are your thoughts His thoughts. Wisdom demands that you locate His ways and thoughts and align your ways and thoughts with His. Isaiah 55:8-9
5. Pray with full understanding of rights and privileges as a child of God. Prayer is not begging but approaching the throne of grace with an attitude of understanding that heavenly provisions are yours and waiting for your requests in prayer.
6. Engage in fasting.
7. Have an expectation. Proverbs 23:18. The Saints prayed for Peter when he was imprisoned in the book of Acts 12:4-9 but they did not expect his release. When they saw him, they thought it was his ghost. Whenever you pray be expectant because God answers prayers. James 5:13-16.
8. Pray in the Holy Ghost
For you to approach to throne of grace to pray, you must be His child. If you are yet to receive Him as your Lord and personal Savior – say this simple prayer “Father Lord, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins and cleanse me with the blood of your Son Jesus Christ. Deliver me from sin and satan, so that I may serve You, my maker and living God. I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Make me your child and a joint heir with your Son, Jesus Christ. Thank you for accepting me into your kingdom in Jesus name, Amen”
If you have said this prayer, then you have made the single most important decision of your lifetime and your life will not remain the same. May God bless you until I come your way again!
To share your testimonies with me, you may contact me using the address below:
January 25, 2016
January 25, 2016
May 21, 2015