Preserving the Source of Help
You are welcome into God’s presence again; today we will be talking about how to preserve the source of help. God bless you as you read and digest the Word of God. I pray that as you reach out to the helper, the Lord God Almighty will attend to you in Jesus name.
Anchor Scripture: Psalm 121: 1 & 2
1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains – where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
What is help?
Help is when someone intervenes in the life or affairs of another, to do that which that other person is limited or unable to do. Psalm 121:1-2. Unfortunately, some of us have other sources of help besides God and this is why we become stranded in most of our doings because Psalm 60:11 says “… for vain is the help of man.”
What is your source of help?Read Isaiah 31:1-3
Characteristics of a true source of help
1. Your source of help must be mortality-proof. Psalm 146:3-5says “3Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. 4His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish. 5Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God” 1 Timothy 1:17 ,Revelations 4:9
2. Your source of help must be failure-proof. Lamentations 3:22 says “22It is of the LORD’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.”
3. Your source of help must be change-proof. Malachi 3:6 says “ 6For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.” Hebrew 13:8 says “8Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.”
4. Your source of help must be disappointment-proof. 2 Corinthians 1:20 says “20For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” Numbers 23:19 says “19God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?”
5. Your source of help must be limitation-proof. Mark 10:27 says “ 27And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. “
The only true and dependable source of help is God.Since we understand that God is the only reliable source, how do we preserve our continuous help from him?
The 5 A’s of preserving your source of help.
A. Abide in Him. John 15: 4-5, 7. This is when you live in him and he lives in you. You cannot abide in him if you have not given your life to him or if you are still living an unrighteous life. When you abide in Him, you walk together (Amos 3:3).When you abide in him you will never be short of his help because he will always make sure that you are well taken care of.
B. Acknowledge Him. This is when you know and agree to the fact that he is your only help. Proverb 3:6 (acknowledge him and he shall direct your path). Psalm 124: 1-8. In Daniel 4:30, Nebuchadnezzar did not acknowledge the Lord, unlike David who acknowledged the Lord and the mighty works He did in His life (1 Samuel 17:37)
C. Appreciate Him. When you appreciate him and thank him for what he has done, you make him want to do more. Malachi 2:2-3 (God instructs us to give Him all the glory), 1 Samuel 2:21 (Hannah returned to Shiloh to give thanks and God gave her five more children.) In Luke 17: 15-19, ten lepers were healed yet only one returned to give thanks and he was made whole.
D. Adore Him. Worship Him in truth and in spirit. Carry his presence. The Lord inhabits the praises of people (Psalm 22:3) and goes before us to make crooked places straight (Isaiah 45:2). He set ambushments against the Israelites enemies, after they had worshipped and praised Him (2 Chronicle 20: 22). When you worship the Lord, you will not have to fight the battle. The battle becomes His.
E. Appease Him. Gladden his heart and he will make you the apple of his eye Zechariah 2: 7-8. How do you appease Him? Serve him in truth and in spirit. Exodus 23:25, obey him, trust him, and have faith in him.
For you to approach to throne of grace for Help, you must be His child. If you are yet to receive Him as your Lord and personal Savior – say this simple prayer “Father Lord, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins and cleanse me with the blood of your Son Jesus Christ. Deliver me from sin and satan, so that I may serve You, my maker and living God. I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Make me your child and a joint heir with your Son, Jesus Christ. Thank you for accepting me into your kingdom in Jesus name, Amen”
If you have said this prayer, then you have made the single most important decision of your lifetime and your life will not remain the same. May God bless you until I come your way again!
To share your testimonies with me, you may contact me using the address below:
January 25, 2016
January 25, 2016
May 21, 2015