Festival of Release
You are welcome into God’s presence. This is the fourth week in our Festival of Holy Ghost series. The theme for this week is the Festival of Release.
Anchor Scripture: Isaiah 61: 1-3
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; 3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.”
Release depicts that there must be someone, something, some kind of situation under bondage. What is bondage? It is a factor that limits or restricts the free or voluntary movement. It could be a physical restriction of movement or being in a situation for long period of time without advancement (John 5:1-10)
Read also Luke 4:18, Deuteronomy 15:1-15, Psalm 84:1-11
Why must the devil release you?
1. A huge ransom has been paid on your behalf by through Jesus Christ death on the Cross. The devil has no right to hold you captive because a prize has been paid for your release. 1st Corinthians 6:20, Job 33:20-30
2. The Lord of hosts has promised to contend with your captors. Isaiah 49:24-26
3. The snare has been broken. Psalm 124:1-7, Romans 8:14-16
4. God demands your release from the captors. In Mark 5:1-9, Jesus delivered a madman with legions of demons and after he was healed, he served the Lord. The children of Israel were also delivered based on one truth “Let my people go and serve me.” God demands our release so we can serve Him.
5. The Lord wants to turn victims into victors. Psalm 126:1-6, John 9:1-25. God wants to deliver you today, to show you that all power belong to Him alone. He has the final authority to decide your case and the devil cannot reverse the judgment of God.
6. Because of His unmerited favor. We are saved by His grace from the hands of the devil when we give our lives to Christ. Psalm 84:11.
7. Because your cry of has reached the throne of God. Psalm 102:19-20 says ” For he hath looked down from the height of his sanctuary; from heaven did the Lord looked earth; To hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed to death.” Exodus 2:23-25, Isaiah 58:6.
How to obtain release
1. Praise and worship. Praising and worshiping when in an unpleasant situation always gets God’s attention and He intervenes on your behalf. In Acts 16:25, Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises unto God, and He delivered them. 2nd Chronicles 20:1-22, Psalm 149:1-9, John 9:31
2. Faith. Faith is an indispensable weapon in your quest to be freed from satanic bondages; it takes faith to move the hands of God. Hebrews 11:6 says “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
3. Prayer. Prayer is the way to get God’s intervention and our God answers prayers. In Mark 10:46-52, Bartimeus called upon the name of the Lord and he was healed of his blindness. Anytime you call His name in faith, you can overcome any situation. 1 Samuel 17:45, Acts 10:38. Philippians 2:9-11, Jeremiah 33:3
4. Release others through forgiveness. Do yourself a big favor today by forgiving all that have offended you. You are hurting yourself more than you are hurting those who have offended you. Psalm 130:3-4 says “If thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.” No matter how genuine or hurtful the offence, if God can forgive you all your sins, why is so hard for you forgive others? Matthew 18:23-34
5. Through blood of Jesus Christ.
6. Through God’s divine agents. In Daniel 6:20-24 God sent an angel to deliver Daniel from the lions’ den in. He also uses prophets, pastors, and apostles to do His wonders. Hosea 11:13 says “And by a prophet the Lord brought Israel out of Egypt, and by a prophet was he preserved” When a prophet declares blessings upon your life, receive it by saying “amen” not “thank you”; the declarations are not for sympathy. Galatians 5:1
I pray that in these 7 weeks of Holy Ghost festival, you will be released from every form of bondage. If you are yet to receive Him as your Lord and personal Savior – say this simple prayer “Father Lord, I come to you today. I am a sinner. Forgive my sins and cleanse me with the blood of your Son Jesus Christ. Deliver me from sin and Satan, so that I may serve You, my maker and living God. I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Make me your child and a joint heir with your Son, Jesus Christ. Thank you for accepting me into your kingdom in Jesus name, Amen”.
To share your testimonies with me, you may contact me using the address below:
January 25, 2016
January 25, 2016
May 21, 2015