Festival of Prosperity
You are welcome into God’s presence. This is the fifth week in our Festival of Holy Ghost series. The theme for this week is the Festival of Prosperity. God bless you as you read and digest the Word of God.
Anchor Scripture: Deuteronomy 8:18
” But thou shall remember the Lord thy God, for it is He that giveth thee power to get wealth, that He may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day”
God delights in your prosperity. Psalm 35:27 says “….Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.” God wants you to be a channel of His blessings and to promote His work, be a voice to the poor, widowed and to the rest of humanity. The end time church is not a begging church but a prosperous and a buoyant Church and it will become the envy of the world. According to Haggai 2:6-8, “…. It is he that giveth thee power to get wealth that he may establish his covenant.”
Covenant of Financial Prosperity
This is a covenant of financial freedom and empowerment. God wants you to prosper and walk in understanding (Psalm 119:130). God has ordained this covenant and you are the beneficiary; therefore you need to fulfill your covenant obligations. Psalm 89:34 says “My covenant will I not break, nor alter thing that is gone out of my lips.” God cannot lie. He is a covenant keeping and performing God. Read Jeremiah 33:20-26
When you enter into covenant with God, there is rest all about you. 2 Chronicles 15:12- 15 says “12 They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their ancestors, with all their heart and soul. 13 All who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman. 14 They took an oath to the Lord with loud acclamation, with shouting and with trumpets and horns. 15 All Judah rejoiced about the oath because they had sworn it wholeheartedly. They sought God eagerly, and he was found by them. So the Lord gave them rest on every side.” The blessings of the Lord maketh rich and He added no sorrow with it.
Why does God prosper His children?
- For them to be a blessing to others. God’s blessings are not simply for our consumption or a display of arrogance like the people of the world. God does not do anything without a purpose or a plan. He said in Genesis 12:2 “And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing.” The more you are committed to being a blessing, the more God is prepared to bless you. Read 1Timothy 6:17-19 , Galatians 6:10, 1 John 3:17
- For His Kingdom sake. God’s plan is to make you a channel of blessings to His works on earth. God transferred the wealth of Egyptians to children of Israel to use as they served Him in the wilderness (Exodus 3:21-22). As God prospers you financially, never forget the purpose why He blessed you; to promote His work on earth through your kingdom giving, sacrificial offerings, and giving to His Prophets (Matthew 10:41). Read also 1 Corinthians16:2, Exodus 35:4-5,22-23. Deuteronomy 16:16-17
- For you to give to the poor. Deuteronomy 15:11 says ” For the poor shall never cease out of the Land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land” Read Proverbs 14:31, 19:16-17
- The curse of poverty has been broken by the blood of Jesus. Galatians 3:13-14. According to Dr.David Oyedepo, “All over the world, every man wishes another, long life and prosperity. No one wants to be wished long life and poverty.” Poverty makes people lose their relevance and voice, and makes its victims vulnerable to insults and shame (Ecclesiastes 9:15-16). Proverbs 22:7 says “The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is the servant to the lender.”
How to obtain prosperity from God
- Give. Malachi 3; 10-12 says, “ 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe, ” says the Lord Almighty. 12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty. The tithes (tenth) of your income is not yours, it belongs to God. Read Leviticus 27:30-32.
- Work hard. God’s covenant of prosperity is not without practical inputs. No prosperity for the lazy or idle hands. Proverbs 10:4.”He beometh poor that dealth a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich” Read Proverbs 18:16, Proverbs 22:29, Psalm 1:1-3
- Trust in Him. Jeremiah 17:7 “Blessed is the man that trust in the Lord and whose hope the Lord is” After you have given, put your trust in God as you await your due season to come. Many are believing but are not trusting God because they are always afraid and agitated anytime there is a financial need. Psalm 125:1-3. Proverbs 11:28.”He that trusteth in his riches shall fall: but righteous shall flourish as a branch” Read 1Timothy 6:17
- Positive declaration. You declare what you believe. You cannot continue to confess poverty and be in prosperity. 2 Corinthians 4:13
- Thank God. Malachi 3:1-3, Psalm 67:5-7
I pray that as you will you will enter the covenant of prosperity with God and enjoy a release of His blessings. If you are yet to receive Him as your Lord and personal Savior – say this simple prayer “Father Lord, I come to you today. I am a sinner. Forgive my sins and cleanse me with the blood of your Son Jesus Christ. Deliver me from sin and satan, so that I may serve You, my maker and living God. I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Make me your child and a joint heir with your Son, Jesus Christ. Thank you for accepting me into your kingdom in Jesus name, Amen”.
To share your testimonies with me, you may contact me using the address below:
January 25, 2016
January 25, 2016
May 21, 2015