Festival of Favor
You are welcome to the 6th week of the festival of Holy Ghost. This is the week of the festival of favor. To follow up on our celebrations online, you can check out the previous weeks of celebration. God bless you as you read and digest the Word of God.
Anchor Scripture: Psalm 127: 1-2
“Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it; except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows; for so he giveth his beloved sleep”
Your understanding of the above scripture will shed some light on what favor is, and how to apply it as a believer. No matter how strong or educated you are or how many hours you work, without the favor of God, your efforts will prove to be a futile exercise. I pray that God by His favor will end your sorrows and will put an end to your stagnations in Jesus name. Life becomes a burden without the favor of God, gifts become a grief, and your inputs cannot justify the output because the Hand of God which represents His favor is missing. The word of God makes it clear in 1st Samuel2:9, “For by strength shall no man prevail.” Psalm 44:3 says “For they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favor unto them.” Read Psalm 102:13, Romans 9:9-16, Isaiah 5:1-7, 102:13
What happens during your time of favor?
- Your life turns around for good. The presence of favor in the life of a believer always puts a final stop to a life of struggling and frustration; favor serves as a catalyst of turning point. It turns mourning into dancing, weeping into joy and failures into success. Psalm 30:5-11.
- Deliverance and celebration. Many wrongly attribute favor to material things and promotion etc but favor also delivers the oppressed from bondages. Joseph was meant to spend his entire life in jail but the favor of God was upon him and the king had him released from jail hastily; he became an instant celebrity. Psalm 102:20 says “To hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed to death“
- God orders the steps of your helpers to locate you. In your time of favor, God always divinely orders you and your helpers to connect with each other. In 1st Samuel 10: 2-3, Saul was connected to his helper and in Genesis 18:1-14, God ordered the steps of three angels to locate Abraham and confirm His promises to him and Sara. God has not changed; He will order the steps of your own helpers this week, in Jesus name.
- 4. Your waiting is over. In the appointed time of favor, all known protocols are suspended to perform God’s promises. Esther enjoyed this kind of favor when she went into kings’ court against all protocols. Esther 3:16, John 5:1
- 5. Your prayers are answered. “And God remembered Rachel, and God hearkened to her, and opened her womb. And she conceived, and bare a son; and said, God hath taken away my reproach” Gen 30:22-23
- 6. You will be honored.
- 7. You will shine. Absence of favor causes a lot of setbacks. Dreams fade away and it seems that God has forgotten you but immediately His favor is upon you, your dream becomes a reality and your light begins to shine again. Isaiah 60:1-2,15,19-20.
What to do in time of favor?
Many still miss their time of favor because they overlook some certain factors. Romans 15:4 says “For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.”
- Obey God. Your obedience is very crucial in your appointed time of favor. When an Angel visited Mary, a virgin, and announced that the Messiah would come through her, her response was, “Lord Let be done according to thy word.” Luke 1:34-38. Your obedience to God guarantees your all round about blessings as listed in Deuteronomy 28:1-14.
- Obey His word and His prophets. God specializes in sending agents of favor at your appointed time. It could be a pastor, a colleague or a friend. 2nd Chronicles 20:20 “Believe in the Lord your God, so shall you be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.” Read 2 Kings 5:1, 9-14.
- Give sacrificially. Learn to sow the seed of favor and to be a blessing to others. Seek the good in others instead of trying to bring them down because as you seek to bring them down, you are going down as well. In 1st Kings 17:8-24, a widow sowed her last meal, a sacrificial seed to the life of Prophet Elijah. The God of favor ended her famine and she lived the rest of her life in abundance. Read Proverbs 11:24-27, Genesis 18:1-9, Luke 6:36&38
- Praise God. In 1st Samuel 2:1-10, Hannah praised God so much that she was blessed with three sons and two daughters. Praise God continually and you will see His rain of favor upon your life.
- Declare favor upon yourself. The word says, “Let the weak say I am strong.” Confess God’s favor upon yourself. Psalm 107:2 says “Let the redeemed of the say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;”
- Refuse to be bitter. The devil’s plan is to get you bitter and rob you of your connection with God. When people mock you, let the Lord make you. Nehemiah 4:9 says “Nevertheless we made our prayer unto our God, and set a watch against them day and night, because of them” When enemies are mocking, that is the time that God has set to favor you. Hebrews 12:15 says “Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled“.
I pray that as you enter into your season of favor, you will enjoy a release of blessings from God Almighty. If you are yet to receive Him as your Lord and personal Savior – say this simple prayer “Father Lord, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive my sins and cleanse me with the blood of your Son Jesus Christ. Deliver me from sin and satan, so that I may serve You, my maker and living God. I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Make me your child and a joint heir with your Son, Jesus Christ. Thank you for accepting me into your kingdom in Jesus name, Amen”.
To share your testimonies with me, you may contact me using the address below:
January 25, 2016
January 25, 2016
May 21, 2015