Power of Thanksgiving and Praise
This week, I will be teaching on the power of thanksgiving and praise. God bless you as you read and digest the Word of God.
Daniel 4:34 –34 And at the end of the time[b] I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my understanding returned to me; and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever: For His dominion is an everlasting dominion, And His kingdom is from generation to generation.
35 All the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; He does according to His will in the army of heaven. And among the inhabitants of the earth. No one can restrain His hand. Or say to Him, “What have You done?”
The rich fool (Luke12:16-21)
Ungratefulness is the root of all ingratitude and a heart that is not thankful which ultimately leads to depreciation of lives and blessings. When you receive anything from the Lord and you refuse to give Him thanks for it and accord to Him the honor due to Him, you will eventually lose that thing. However, when you give Him all the glory and honor due to Him, such blessings will multiply in your hands
The blessings of been thankful and praiseful.
1. All oppositions are silenced. Psalm 8:2, 2nd Chronicles 20:12,17,21-24.
2. Restorations of lost blessings. Daniel 4:36-37
3. You will be added to. Daniel 4:37,
4. It preserves your blessing. Ecclesiastes 3;14
Ways to be thankful
- By Acknowledging God as the source of goodness. Daniel 4:34-37. Refuse to take credit for anything God has done for you. Acknowledge Him. Give glory due to His name. The word of God in the book of Isaiah 42:8 says “I am the Lord; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.” Give all the glory and praises to God and God will in turn give you all the blessings and all that you require to live a life of holiness and godliness.
- Through the heart of gratitude in singing, praising and dancing. Psalm 68:1-4
- Let go of the past disappointment. Philippians 3:13-14. You must learn how to let go of the past because it always affects and hurts your present. if you refuse to let go; it will hinder your ability to praise and thank God for His present doings in your life. if you lost your job yesterday, thank God you didn’t lose your life because only a person who has life can look for a job. The book of Isaiah 43:18 says Remember ye not the former things, neither consider things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. Let go of all negative past, remove it from your mind and heart. Looking backward makes you a failure in faith says my father Bishop David Oyedepo
- Testimonies. They are praises boasters available to a believer to maintain the flow of God’s presence. Testimonies re-energize your faith to face and conquer any obstacle believing that if God has done it in the past, He will do it again and again. Psalm 44:1-8. Boast in His faithfulness not the oppositions. The power of testimonies will bring Goliath down anytime, anywhere, I see every challenge crumble as you recount the past deeds of God in Jesus name
- Watch the company you keep. Whenever you keep the company of ungrateful people or negative people, you will surely be affected by their attitude of ingratitude but if you keep a company of ever thankful and grateful people, you will surely be affected with a thankful spirit.1st Corinthians 15:33.
In conclusion, I sincerely pray that as you will become thankful and start praising God for what He has done and is doing in your life, you will enjoy a release of blessings from God Almighty. If you are yet to receive Him as your Lord and personal Savior – say this simple prayer “Father Lord, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins and cleanse me with the blood of your Son Jesus Christ. Deliver me from sin and satan, so that I may serve You, my maker and living God. I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Make me your child and a joint heir with your Son, Jesus Christ. Thank you for accepting me into your kingdom in Jesus name, Amen”.
To share your testimonies with me, you may contact me using the address below:
January 25, 2016
January 25, 2016
May 21, 2015