7 Fundamental Keys to Divine Enlargement: The Law of Focus
You are welcome into God’s presence as we continue the series on the 7 Keys to Enlargement. Our focus for today is the law of focus. I pray that as you use these keys your coast will be enlarged this year in Jesus name.
Matthew 6: 21- 24
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
In this world that is full of activities, hustling and bustling, many things are calling for your attention at the same time. There is an urgent need on your part to maintain total and concentrated focus if you want to achieve anything tangible in this life. Matthew 6:22 says “The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light”
I define focus as “an undivided attention with your spirit, soul and body. It is putting all your energy in God’s given task until the task at hand is accomplished. That is, an un-repentant determination towards your goals, not minding what others are doing or saying about you. Our Lord Jesus Christ showed us numerous examples by His lifestyle and ministry on earth. He focused on His mandate to restore and reconcile humanity back to God. There was a time the people wanted to make Him an earthly king but He ran away because that was not His mission and focus. His focus was bigger and more divinely than that. He refused to be distracted by other things.
Hebrews 12:1-3 – Like modern believers, the Hebrew Christians focused on following Jesus Christ and the examples of their focus are too many to mention. Many are following Him because they need Him to conquer their enemies, some because of material gains which in itself is not bad and others because they need a change of positions. Our major focus in following Him should be – to be like Him and to win souls for the kingdom of God. Paul, the Apostle was a man of unparalleled focus. He says in Philippians 3:10 “That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conform able unto his death”
Paul’s major focus was to be more like Christ, more than anything else. This made him to become one of the greatest Apostles. In Philippians 3:14, He said “I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus“. He attained the aim. What is your focus this year? What are you pressing towards? Your honest answer to this question will determine your eventual outcomes.
As a commission/individual, what are you focusing on? In what area of life do you want an enlargement? What are your goals? I pray for you, that your goals will not be derailed in Jesus name.
What then must I focus on?
- Focus on God and His promises through His Word. Focus on the Author and Finisher of your faith and your life, the One that has the divine solution to all human situations. The Psalmist says in Psalm 121:1-2 “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.” and in Psalm 3 4:5 it says” They looked unto him, and were lightened:
- Focus on His faithfulness, His Unchanging nature and His integrity that can never fail to deliver. Focus and think on the Word as it relates to your life and need.
- Focus on what God is doing, not what the devil or his agents are doing. Focus your attention on what the word of God is saying not what your feelings are saying. Your feelings will shift your focus. No matter the storm, keep your focus on Him. He has never failed; He will not fail you this year. Hebrews 12:2 says,” Looking on to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at right hand of the throne of God“.
- Focus on future and your dream. Philippians 3:13-14. Press forward; stop keeping the diary of past disappointments and failures. Focus on your future dreams and aspirations that can give you the sense of accomplishment.
Keys that enhances your focus:
- Set your goal and pursue them. Even in case of little setbacks, keep pursuing your God’s given goals; refuse to turn focus off of them. Setbacks should never be allowed to derail your focus. According to Genesis 26:12-22, I refused to let go of his dream until he achieved them. You will achieve your goal this year, as you pursue your dreams this year.
- By disregarding the distractions that shift your focus. 1 Samuel 1:9–
- By taking bold step of faith.
As you focus on your God given vision this year, you will enjoy a double portion of enlargement. God will change your story, God will enlarge your mouth over your enemies, your enemies shall not prevail against your life, and the storm of life shall not stop you again. There shall be no more stagnation, you will break forth in all areas, your position shall change, you will overcome, you shall be enlarged, double portion for all breakthroughs in Jesus name. I sincerely pray that from today you will focus diligently on the promises of God.
If you are yet to receive Him as your Lord and personal Savior – say this simple prayer “Father Lord, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins and cleanse me with the blood of your Son Jesus Christ. Deliver me from sin and satan, so that I may serve You, my maker and living God. I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Make me your child and a joint heir with your Son, Jesus Christ. Thank you for accepting me into your kingdom in Jesus name, Amen”.
To share your testimonies with me, you may contact me using the address below:
January 25, 2016
January 25, 2016
May 21, 2015