CLASSROOM PARTICIPATION AND PREPARATION
Students are welcome to ask questions, provide their opinions or thoughts and related testimonies. However, students should keep in mind that no scripture is of any private or personal interpretation. Therefore, students are encouraged to review, study and read the lecture notes and the Bible, in their spare time, in order to enhance their knowledge progressively. We use the King James Version of the Holy Bible. Nevertheless, we do recommend studying the scriptures along with the New Living Testament if students do not fully understand either the King James Version or the New King James Version of the Bible.
HOW TO STUDY THE BIBLE
It is important to follow these procedures when conducting your personal Bible study sessions:
- Always begin with prayer. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your eyes and heart to the fullness of the Word of God and illuminate your understanding;
- Take notes, keep a Bible journal, and highlight important scriptures and notes in different colors in order to identify important information in the future; and
- Always end in prayer. Thank God for imparting His divine wisdom unto you and for making His word practical and alive in your life.
THE BENEFITS OF BIBLE STUDY
Regular Bible Study:
- Gives you a deeper understanding of the Bible;
- Provides you with more practical in-depth knowledge; and
- Helps you to continuously “renew your mind” to a Christ-like nature.